Claire is a Chartered Physiotherapists and specialises in musculoskeletal conditions. She treats many physical problems – in particular those associated with muscles, tendons, joints, ligaments, bones and nerves in all areas of the body. Some commonly areas treated are backs, necks, and most major joints. Physiotherapy can also help to alleviate those little niggles before they become a more significant injury that interrupts your training. If you are experiencing any pain during your training or in competition then the body is trying to warn you that there is a problem. This may be due to a muscle imbalance or previous injury which has not resolved.
Claire has a particular interest in correction of movement dysfunction and aims to restore your body to its normal movement patterns. Correcting muscle imbalances and improving movement patterns will allow your joints, muscles and tendons to function without unnecessary overload and strain reducing the risk of injury/overuse/pain. As well as being a chartered physiotherapists Claire is a qualified pilates instructor and can help to improve your core stability and flexibility.
• Sports injuries
• Spinal and joint pain
• Arthritic and inflammatory conditions
• Post surgical intervention and rehabilitation
• Work related postural dysfunctions and RSI
• Post Fracture and dislocation
• Joint mobilisation and manipulation
• Massage – G5 machine providing extremely effective soft tissue release
• Modified Pilates and core stabilisation programmes
• Postural /ergonomic assessment
• Exercise rehabilitation to redress movement control dysfunction
• Taping – both traditional and kinetic taping